Monday, November 30, 2015

RANDOM RANTS. (Episode 1)

As humans we make contact with people from diverse backgrounds and orientations.  All of them come into our lives for peculiar reasons. Some come as opportunists and gold diggers (helloo?) to use you for what you’re worth. Some as true friends and some others come to get ‘used’ by you.
Trust me, some people just love being used and taken for granted. Often, it is not their fault, they just love it. They love the thrill of being taken advantage of. Just like people who are into Sadism & Masochism that love the thrill of pain and torment. And it is not their fault either. That is what they derive pleasure from and it is not our business to judge people or try to stop them from doing what gives them joy(except serial murderers. Lol) Different strokes for different folks mehn! Live and let live.

The novel collection 50 shades Trilogy by E.L. James is insane!! Not literally though. Lol. By the way, the movie- Fifty Shades of Grey did not really do justice to the novel. I read Fifty Shades of Grey when I just got into the University. After it was adapted and the movie released, I strolled to one of Lagos finest Box-office in lofty expectations. One hour into the movie, I regretted my time and my hard gotten 1500 Naira. Well, because of how much the first novel thrilled me, I picked up the sequel: 50 Shades Darker and I hope to start 50 Shades Freed soonest.

What am I saying? Basically, I crave the kind of connection and energy Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey share. I really do not know if you understand what I mean. Lol. Have you bothered to think it through?  The way these two are when they are together is Arrggghh! You know Anastasia left Christian because she wanted more than just pain and torture? She wanted intimacy and affection. Well she is getting that bit by bit in 50 Shades Darker. Let me read to you one of my favourite scene from the novel. This scene occurs immediately after they just finished doing what only married people are allowed to do, do you understand me? Hehe.


“...I am lying curled up in his arms on sticky sheets. His front is pressed to my back, his nose in my hair
“What I feel for you frightens me,” I whisper
He stills. “Me too, baby,” he says quietly.
“What if you leave me?” The thought is horrific.
“I’m not going anywhere. I don’t think I could ever have my fill of you, Anastasia”
I turned and gazed at him, his expression is serious, sincere. I lean over and kiss him gently. He smiles and reaches up to tuck my hair behind my ear.
“I’ve never felt the way I felt when you left, Anastasia. I would move heaven and earth to avoid feeling like that again. “He sounds so sad, dazed even.”....”

Mehn! (Wipes sweat) – That’s all I will say about that. :p
 I know some people after reading this will be thinking in the lines of these, “...maybe he is into that S&M shii and other weird stuff, that’s why he is lowkey promoting it. Lol. No one cares. Life is too short to stick to boring things. For the unromantic ones who after reading that excerpt still do not connect to the connection Anastasia and Christian share, then it is OK for me to say you have no joy, none whatsoever.  Lol.


Till next time. xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment